Shakira has brought on a stir along with her modern-day music, providing lyrics that seem to goal her ex, Gerard Piqué.
The Colombian musician split from the former Barcelona footballer in June 2022, amid rumors that Piqué was unfaithful.
In a brand new tune produced with Argentinian DJ Bizarrap, entitled “BZRP track classes # fifty-three”, Shakira appeared to take intention at her former companion of 11 years.
The music’s lyrics make thinly veiled references to Piqué, as well as his new girlfriend Clara Chia Marti.
right here are eight of the most savage barbs within the music…
1. “a lot talk of being a champion / And when I wanted you, you gave me the worst model of you”
2. “Sorry infant, I should have thrown you out some time ago / A she-wolf like me isn’t always for novices”
3. “this is with the intention to be mortified / bite and swallow, swallow and chunk”
4. “I best make a track, sorry that it splashed you”
As sung in Spanish, this line is going, “Yo solo hago música, perdón que te salpique,” making the final phrase (salpique) a pun on Piqué’s name.
5. “You left me, my mother-in-regulation, as my neighbor / Media stores at my door and in debt with the authorities”
This line is a clear reference to Shakira’s felony war over alleged tax fraud (which she has denied).
6. “She has the call of an amazing individual / It’s in reality no longer what it appears like.”
The Spanish word for “simply”, “claramente”, is used here as an apparent pun on Clara Chia Marti, with Shakira articulating the phrase to emphasize this.
7. “I’m well worth of twenty-two / You traded a Ferrari for a Twingo / You traded a Rolex for a Casio”
Piqué’s new female friend, presently 23, is rumored to have begun seeing the footballer again while she would have been 22. The lyric also alludes to Piqué’s goal birthday party, in which he forms a two with both his hands, in tribute to his and Shakira’s shared birthday on 2 February.
eight. “plenty of time on the fitness center, but your mind desires little paintings too”
Piqué has not yet answered the brand-new music. The independent has contacted a consultant for comment.