Liverpool coach John Achterberg becomes the first Reds figure to speak about £44m Cody Gakpo deal as he welcomes the Dutchman on social media – after the club hijacked Man United’s move for the PSV star
- John Achterberg has welcomed imminent £44m arrival Cody Gakpo to the club
- Liverpool agreed the big-money move for the PSV and Holland star on Monday
- The Reds hijacked rivals Manchester United’s move for the talented 23-year-old
- Sportsmail revealed Virgil van Dijk ‘made a crucial phone call’ to convince him
- The forward is due in England soon to have a medical and sign a deal at Anfield
Liverpool coach John Achterberg has welcomed Cody Gakpo to the club after the Reds agreed a £44million deal.
Hours after beating Aston Villa 3-1 on Boxing Day (Monday), Jurgen Klopp’s side announced they had drawn up a big-money deal to sign the Holland star from PSV.
Although the Premier League club are yet to officially comment, Liverpool goalkeeping coach Achterberg seemingly confirmed the transfer with a message on his social media account.